Wednesday, February 18, 2009

There are Friends and then THERE ARE FREINDS!!

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.”
William Arthur Ward




I found this quote on a relative’s facebooks page by this author and I found that I really like this gentleman's point of view! I've read several of his quotes and man they hit you Right Square in the eye!







In the last few weeks I have discovered and rediscovered some very interesting things and have reconnected with some very special friends from High School and have been having mini reunions on a daily basis's. But I also have found out some very sad things too!One of them being that, one of my best friends in the whole world is over in that evil evil place fighting for our country! I believe in our MEN & WOMEN over there and have up until this point been VERY VERY LUCKY not knowing anyone personally close to me over there! Until now!


Anyone that knows me knows that I have a very opinionated view about what should happen to those countries that, we are currently wasting our precious resources, time, money, and people on; or to those who had ANYTHING to do with the attacks on 9/11. I also believe in our government and the leadership of it, not that it always does the right thing, BUT IT IS NOT ONE MAN or WOMAN'S decision, and I wish we the people understood that. Maybe if we weren't so quick to blame THE person in charge and took some responsibility for the shape of the corruption of our ELECTED politicians, we would have less to complain about, and more to be proud of. We are, after all, supposed to be America the Proud! Which I still am, and if my health was good, and at my age I would go back in the service, like my friend did, for the good his family.



My belief, and it is MY belief is that if the education system, had not gone to the "new method" of teaching and would go back to education, and classes like AMERICAN GOVERNMENT like what was taught in the 80's maybe a lot of people would understand the process it takes to run a nation like the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and what it takes to get a Bill thru the senate and congress and finally to the President to either get vetoed or signed into a Bill. Or maybe the decision process it takes for the President to decide to go to war against another nation, even if He decides to go against the United Nations, it’s not just one Man's yeah or neay. Ever wonder why the President ages so much in 4 years?



OK, I'm off my Saddle! I warned you! Every once in awhile I would get on my saddle, stand up and rant and rave!! Well this is one time and one issue that gets me riled up every time!! I'd really like to nuke most of that whole area, and make a big parking lot and let all those big box stores move in!! But I was nice! OK maybe not! But I had a really good day yesterday and decided to wait a day or two before I went off on this!



So Brian if you read this, this one is for you! And BUDDY TAKE CARE AND I MISS YOU AND YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS EVERYDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment